Thursday, October 26, 2006

Cold season?

Miki's been telling us for few days that her left ear's been hurting. Lyn took her to see her doctor and found out her ear is infected. She is just getting over her cold and now an ear infection... Well, this doesn't seem to slow her down at all. Audrey? She too has been under the weather; lots of post-nasal drips, runny nose, coughing, fever. This does slow her down quite of bit! She is getting used to her daddy and mommy racing to get to her nose before she gets to it first. Don't know what we will do without Puff Plus with the touch of moisturizers for our precious little noses. Well, the signs of winter approaching are hard to miss in our household.

Yesterday morning, looking out the window, I saw the tall trees around our house shedding their leaves; for a moment, they gave an illusion of winter snow flakes, just bigger with the colors of brown and pale green; a gentle reminder of God's creative touch. Although this season change brings colder days to come, I hope and pray that my heart will be ignited with deeper delight in God's way. "Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight. Turn my heart toward your statues and not toward selfish gain... I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts. I will speak of your statues before kings and will not be put to shame, for I delight in your commands because I love them. I lift up my hands to your commands which I love, and I meditate on your decrees." (Psalm 119:35, 36, 45-48)

No comments: